We do a lot of Facebook marketing for our clients. Here’s a quick list of Facebook Marketing Tips to help you. The list is in no particular order of importance.
- Use picture when posting to Facebook – a little copy and a picture can go a long way.
- Preschedule Facebook posts using Facebook scheduling tools. If you are in a bind, Hootsuite and Meet Edgar are great. Posting from third parties will reduce your exposure and engagement.
- Advertise using a modest budget of no less than $75 per month.
- Fill out your Facebook Page details including description, hours and contact information.
- Add a call to action to your Facebook Page.
- Change your Facebook Cover image on a regular basis.
- Add events to Facebook events.
- Stay educated with Facebook changes. Updates and beta roll outs happen all the time. You must stay in the know to know how to properly market your business on Facebook.
- Invite your Facebook friends to your Facebook Page and your Facebook events.
- Be creative.
- Tell stories about your employees, owners, products, services and industry.
- Collaborate with other Facebook Page manager to engage with each other online.
- Share content from your newsfeed.
- Like, comment and share from your business Facebook Page to your personal account.
- Download Facebook Pages Manager on your mobile devices and use it to manage your page. Here they are: iTunes App Store, Google Play Store
- Stay on topic. Only post about things that have to do with your business, your industry or your audience.
- Secure your personal URL on Facebook by going to fb.com/username.
- Add your Facebook URL (see No. 17) to your business cards and other printed material. You can use fb.com instead of www.facebook.com to reduce space.
- Add Facebook links to all other digital media including your email campaigns, your website and your other social media networks when appropriate.
If you need custom Facebook training or need to outsource your Facebook marketing, please contact us.